Home » ME AND CLASS » Rhetorical Essay

Rhetorical Essay

REFLECTION: Unlike in my metaphor paper, the conclusion was a really strong area in my rhetorical essay. It repeats the statement I had introduced in the beginning and contains an open ending. For this essay, my weak spots were when in my transitioning areas. Every time I had to start a new paragraph and sometimes even a new sentence, I would find my self repeating the starting words over and over. For example, one of my body paragraphs started with, “Kennedy started her article with a small anecdote…” and not long after that paragraph, I started a new paragraph with, “Kennedy used another anecdote to explain how she went about her research…”. Both of these sentences are essentially saying the same thing, with almost the same words. Because of this, I feel like I should’ve done a better job at making the first sentence of each of my paragraphs a bit more interesting in order to keep the readers hooked.

Here’s the link for the full essay

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NpKFH4L_0F0D6Ex76uJTUAxpiT84hm1tuaFy3UuMgl0/edit?usp=sharing